Turkey lettuce wraps
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, fresh, grated
1/2 cup red lentils
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
I head lettuce (butter or iceberg)
Cashews (for garnish)
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the onion and cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey and cook. Break it up into smaller pieces with spoon until its no longer pink.
- Add the bell pepper, ginger and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red lentils and water, let simmer for 10 minutes. Let cook until the water has evaporated.
- Mix together the soy sauce and rice vinegar add to the pan. Stir together and cooke until everything is mixed. If you would like to, add the chili flakes.
- Separate, wash and dry the lettuce leaves.
- To assemble add the turkey, lentil mixture into the lettuce leaves. Top with chopped cashews and hot sauce if desired.
Look no further for an easy to prepare, protein packed dinner option that will be cooked and ready in less than 20 minutes. Turkey is a great source of learn protein. Using lentils adds an extra kick of protein and fibre to this meal. Feel free to use any leftover turkey mixture (if there’s any left) in a nourish bowl.