There is so much fresh produce available in the summer and salads are a great way of showcasing it. The key to making a satisfying salad is to include a source of protein, healthy fats, and carbs. For this salad the chicken is the protein, if you are following a plant-based diet feel free to use marinated tofu, tempeh or chickpeas instead. The salad dressing provides you with both a source of fat and flavour. The quinoa in this salad provides whole grains, in addition to an extra texture. Personally, I love making this salad, it is well balanced and very flavourful, the grilled peach really takes it to a new level.
Ingredients (2 servings):
Lots of kale (or another leafy green of your choosing)
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
2 tbsp goat cheese
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp sweetener of choice (ie. maple syrup, honey)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill (or oven) and cook the chicken until fully cooked to an internal temperature of 350F.
- While the chicken cooks, wash and prepare the greens and tomatoes.
- Make the salad dressing by combining all the ingredients and mixing well.
- Carefully cut the peach and remove the pit. Brush the inside with olive oil and grill over medium heat cut-side down for 4 minutes.
- Assemble the salad with all ingredients, toss with the dressing and enjoy!